Monday, August 21, 2006

Announcements + Projects

++Please take note this blog is best viewed with 1280x1024 pixels setting, if not you won't be able to see the full blog pics++

How's everyone? Busy with work hor... yah.. busy mugging!!! busy having exams!!! yesh! me too! sad case.

Ok. Let's start with announcement first.

1. New President of the Alumni Band

Currently, the committee and conductors are still discussing and deciding on the best candidate for the band. So everyone please be patient, you all will know the President for this alumni band very soon.

For now, I will handle the alumni band matters for a while more because there are afew projects for Alumni Band and Lin Sheng asked me to handle them.

yes... that means you all will need to hear me nagging for a while more.... .... .... .... .... .... .... pai seh lo..................................... REN a while more ok? I will be gone once the new pres has been decided. :)

2. New Admin Committee members

The Committee has also decided to add on a few members into admin committee.
names and jobscope will be announced shortly in the next announcement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, Projects for alumni. I think we should actually go for both projects, very meaningful and good.

1. End of year Overseas Concert.

I think you all think it won't be possible right? Us? How can that be? I can't believe it too BUT we are.

Maris Stella Symphonic Band Alumni has gotten an invitation from RAVE (a company that organized events, management and etc) to have a Concert in Hong Kong together with another 3 Singapore bands.

The trip will start on 17th Dec to around 23rd Dec (tentative date for return). The Concert will be on 19th December in Hong Kong City Hall which can house up to 1400 audience (yes, double of vch). The concert tickets will be sold by the Band Directors Association of Hong Kong, so we no need to worry about the ticket sales.

RAVE won't be able to subsidizing us because they are just the event planner (the one who earn money is the HK side) BUT they will be helping us to organize Fundraising Activities.

The first few quotes for now is around $900 - $1200. We will be asking for more and lower down the costs.

I need everyone's help in this project especially the fundraising part, we will do the same as WMC. I think we should be able to get abit of $ now.

+ We are trying to pull in the Main Band to go with us for this HK trip so as to give them more exposure.

I think we should seriously consider about this one. Since it is an invitation to us, I think we should consider it properly, especially this kind of chance is hard to come by.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. Esplanade Beautiful Sunday Series

I have been asked whether we are interested to performed for the Beautiful Sunday series in Esplanade.

yes, I said ESPLANADE. That 2 durian - lookalike buildings.

Beautiful Sunday Series is a once a month FREE to public event organized by the esplanade to further promote the band music. Bands will be performing in the Esplanade Concert hall which can house up to 1600 audience.

Bands that has performed in the Beautiful Sunday series: Philwinds, SWS, Mus' Art, Yuhua River Valley Alumni and others...

I think we can go for this one too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I need everyone in the Alumni band to give me their stands for these 2 projects. I need a definite answer whether you all want to do these 2 projects or not.

Just a Yes or No.

Please SMS me all the answer.

I personally urge everyone to go for these 2 projects as I am not sure whether we will even have these kind of chances anymore next time. So please cherish what you all have now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fredy
president
maris stella symphonic band alumni

No comments: